Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Customer Care Manager to be based at their headquarters in Nairobi.
The purpose of this role is to manage, oversee, and lead customer care functions and activities across Africa. This position is responsible for developing customer care processes and procedures, including service level adherence, customer retention, average handle time, monitoring and goal setting, team management and more.
The customer care manager needs to be a change driver, by implementing standards, processes and procedures, SLA’s and ensuring 100% adoption from the team.
- Implementing procedures and business processes and structures that drive a culture of consistency, dependability, and reliability in the customer care department.
- Service excellence: Know the merchant and ensure we provide an excellent experience: at all times, be the voice of the merchant by maintaining a strong direct connection to what is happening every day with our merchants and their questions/issues.
- Build and manage a strong long-term relationship with VIP merchants with the objective of retaining and growing spend.
- Provide leadership in the resolution of complex and high-priority service issues, as escalated from the team, to effectively ensure prompt and accurate resolution and merchant satisfaction.
- Be primarily responsible for auditing and other quality assurance methods to ensure that the team meets or exceeds all accuracy, SLA, and quality metrics and standards.
- Provide leadership and coaching for direct reports by modeling appropriate leadership techniques. Provide employee feedback through effective and measurable Key Performance Indicators. Ensure the development of employee skills and leadership. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings.
- Coordinate with the talent division on customised training, user guides and manuals on DPO system usage for merchants
- Coordinate customer service with other departments such as sales, systems, marketing, finance, etc.
- Monitor business and process metrics to measure and manage customer service effectiveness.
- Identify and develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of support to customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience leading a customer service team in a diverse environment across multiple countries and cultures.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service processes, policies, techniques, and applicable regulations.
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal and external partners at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain complex issues in an understandable manner.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and deliver business results.
- Significant experience leading teams to consistently deliver valuable results.
- Excellent verbal and written English essential, French language skills an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be a confident and effective communicator at all levels.
- Flexibility and ability to work well within a team.
- Ambitious with a positive attitude combined and an ability to take the initiative.
- Resilient and tenacious with the propensity to persevere.
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively with all levels in an organisation
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise tasks.
- Methodical approach and strong organisational capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with demanding merchants across multiple markets.
- Strong presentation skills.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.